Patrick McMullan/Getty Images
- Josh Kushner, the younger brother of President Donald Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, donated the maximum $2,600 to Texas Democrat Beto O’Rourke’s Senate campaign last October.
- Josh Kushner is reportedly a lifelong Democrat and has donated to a host of other Democratic candidates and causes.
Josh Kushner, the younger brother of President Donald Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, donated $2,600 to Texas Democrat Beto O’Rourke’s Senate campaign last October.
The younger Kushner, a venture capitalist, made his donation — $100 shy of the maximum amount permitted for an individual in the 2018 cycle — just days before the election on on October 25, Axios reported Thursday. O’Rourke was narrowly defeated by incumbent GOP Sen. Ted Cruz, a staunch ally of the president.
O’Rourke raised just under $79 million during his Senate campaign — the second-highest for any Senate candidate behind Florida’s Rick Scott — according to the Center for Responsive Politics’ Open Secrets database.
Josh Kusher is reportedly a lifelong Democrat and, on his brother’s first day helping lead the Trump administration, attended the January 21, 2017 Women’s March in Washington. That same weekend, he posted a photo of himself with his brother at the White House in front of a portrait of President John F. Kennedy.
The younger Kushner has also donated to former President Barack Obama, and New Jersey Democratic Sens. Cory Booker and Bob Menendez. His brother and sister-in-law, first daughter Ivanka Trump, have also donated extensively to Democrats in the past.
- GOP senator calls Trump’s dayslong tirade against John McCain ‘deplorable’
- Ivanka Trump reportedly used a workaround to get access to Air Force planes after being rejected. 68% of Americans surveyed think someone who uses the same workaround should be punished.
- 67% of Americans don’t know what Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump actually do in the White House
via Business Insider https://ift.tt/2TQ617d via business phone number